Mark of the Fool: A Progression Fantasy by UnstoppableJuggernaut
A young man is destined to be the worst of his kingdom's heroes...he runs off to wizard university instead.
Sylver Seeker by Kennit Kenway
For an ancient lich, death is just a stepping stone.
anti-herofantasymagical realismmysterysword and sorceryundead
A Practical Guide to Evil by ErraticErrata
Do Wrong Right
adventureanti-herocoming of agefantasymagicyoung adult
Inexorable Chaos by Quasi Eludo
The Primal Hunter by Zogarth
An archer hunting down enemies while exploring both his own powers and the world he now finds himself in.
The Hedge Wizard by Alex M
A Dungeons and Dragons inspired adventure with a realism-focused spin on gamelit.
Speedrunning the Multiverse by adastra339
Bored god reincarnates to do it all over again
Beneath the Dragoneye Moons by Selkie Myth
Will heal for mangos
Fates Parallel by DarkTechnomancer
A young girl discovers a world of Magic, Martial Arts, and Cultivation.
The Wandering Inn by pirateaba
Vigor Mortis by Thundamoo
A starving girl finds a plentiful source of food: souls. The wisdom of this is questionable.
Worm by Wildbow
Doing the Wrong Things for the Right Reasons
actionadventurecompletecrimedarkhigh schoolmodern supernaturalsuperheroteenagers
Defiance of the Fall by The First Defier
actionapocalypticfantasymodern supernaturalscience fantasyxianxia
Technically Abroad by Sunflowerofice
adventurefantasymagical realismsword and sorcery
Katalepsis by HY
A web serial of cosmic horror, urban fantasy, and making friends with strange people
fantasyhorrorlesbianmagicmental illnessromanceurban fantasy
Azarinth Healer by G. Harthane
Kick-boxing healer in a fantasy slice of life adventure
The Legion of Nothing by Jim Zoetewey
Not all superheroes are bigger than life
actionadventurecollegecoming of agehigh schoolmodern supernaturalscience fictionseriessuperheroteenagersyoung adult
Unbound by Necariin
Untamed magical wilds. No clue what he's doing. Welcome to The Continent.
Hack Alley Doctor by fearlessLi
This town is sick, and Derrick is the cure.
adventurecyberpunkdystopianmysteryscience fictionurban fantasy
Metaworld Chronicles by Wutosama
21st Century Jane Ayre with DnD Magic
Dragon's Dilemma by Luke W. Logan
When an ancient evil stirs anew, sometimes the hero you get isn't the one want.
When Immortal Ascension Fails Time Travel to Try Again by Dragon of Rochester
A Second Chance Xianxia Comedy and Satire
This Young Master is not Cannon Fodder by D.C. Haenlien
Reincarnated as a young master with the thickest golden thigh.
Salvos by MelasD
An action-packed litrpg!
Steamforged Sorcery by Actus
Treasure hunting meets a steampunk fantasy setting
actionadventurehigh fantasysteampunksword and sorcerywizards
The Way Ahead by NorskDaedalus
Fantasy SCIENCE! (Warning: Sudden Onset Dimension Hopping does not include therapy)
The Menocht Loop by caerulex
How I Accidentally Became the Strongest Necromancer
Singer Sailor Merchant Mage by Notlimah
An Isekai Tensei litrpg
adventurefamilymagicmusicrpgssword and sorcery
Infinite Realm: Monsters & Legends by Ivan Kal
Tragedy? Check. Morally Dubious? Check. Edge Lords? Check. Badass mom? Check. Valkyrie twins? Check. Voted no. 1 LitRPG by that one dude.
A Journey of Black and Red by Mecanimus
Period vampire story
actionadventuredark fantasyhistorical fantasyvampires
Tower of Somnus by CoCop
When humanity first encountered alien life, we were judged and found wanting.
actionalienscyberpunkmagical realismthrillervirtual reality
Heart of Dorkness by RavensDagger
Trying Very Hard to be a Good Monster
Stray Cat Strut: A Young Lady's Journey to Becoming a Pop-Up Samurai by RavensDagger
A cyberpunk magical-girl alien-invasion LitRPG.
Forge of Destiny by Yrsillar
fantasyhigh fantasymartial artsxianxia
Cinnamon Bun by RavensDagger
A Wholesome LitRPG
actionairshipsfantasyfriendshiprpgsslice of life
Peculiar Soul by TMarkos
Not everyone gets a soul.
adventurealternate universedramafantasyhigh fantasywar
Heretical Edge by Cerulean
detectiveensemblefantasymagicteenagersurban fantasyyoung adult
The Perfect Run by Void Herald
An adventurer with the power of time-travel does not use his power responsibly.
Daybreak on Hyperion by Aorii
Pact by Wildbow
Devils and Details
How To Avoid Death On A Daily Basis by mooderino
It looks like a game. It feels like a game. It isn't a game.
Trickster’s Song by Tom O’Bedlam
A bard’s life is a grand illusion.
Kairos: A Greek Myth LitRPG by Void Herald
Summus Proelium by Cerulean
Ward by wildbow
The Rules Have Changed
actionadventurealternate universecrimedarkdramapost-apocalypticsuperheroteenagersyoung adult
Twig by Wildbow
The Gods are Bastards by D. D. Webb
Wizards, elves and cowboys
adventuredemonselvesfaefantasyreligionsteampunksword and sorcery
Truth-Seeker by KrazeKode
A LitRPG Timeloop
Lever Action by RavensDagger
A Fantasy Western
RE: Trailer Trash by FortySixtyFour
coming of agetime travelyoung adult
Web fiction is written works of literature available primarily or solely on the Internet. A common type of web fiction is the web serial. The term comes from old serial stories that were once published regularly in newspapers and magazines.
Unlike most modern books, a work of web fiction is often not published as a whole. Instead, it is released on the Internet in installments or chapters as they are finished, although published compilations and anthologies are not unknown. The web serial form dominates in the category of fan fiction, as writing a serial takes less specialized software and often less time than an ebook.
Web-based fiction dates to the earliest days of the World Wide Web, including the extremely popular The Spot (1995–1997), a tale told through characters' journal entries and interactivity with its audience.The Spot spawned many similar sites, including Ferndale and East Village, though these were not as successful and did not last long. Most of these early ventures are no longer in existence.
Since 2008, web fiction has proliferated in popularity. Possibly as a result of this, more fans of web serials have decided to create their own, propagating the form further, leading to the number of serious, original works growing quickly. Some serials utilize the formats of the media to include things not possible in ordinary books, such as clickable maps, pop-up character bios, sorting posts by tag, illustrations, and video. Supplementary information is often available on the serial's website, sometimes in the form of wikis that fans of the work help maintain.
Web fiction has become hugely popular in China, with revenues topping US$2.5 billion.
Some web serials are produced on content management systems such as Drupal, WordPress, or Joomla, which may integrate blogs directly into the site and also have many custom add-ons (such as for integrating social networking services such as Twitter or Facebook).
LiveJournal is also a popular platform for web serials due to its large userbase and integrated communities. Some web serials are published on Livejournal directly, whereas some have LiveJournal communities for reader discussion and feedback.
A distribution tool integrated into almost all media is the RSS feed, so that subscribers can get updates on the latest chapters or episodes via an RSS reader or other media.
Another format in use is the internet forum. A free forum service such as ProBoards or Ezboard may be used to create a board for a web serial, or the web serial may be a feature of a larger board in order to benefit from its traffic. Forums can also be integrated into a web serial's main site to increase community interaction.
Some web serials have been told entirely on Twitter or have used it as a way of adding depth to the universe. Character Twitter accounts are a very popular example of this. Twitter is also a useful tool for author-fan interaction and update announcements. There are a variety of Twitter hashtags now in use for the web serial community. Facebook integration is also popular, with Facebook fanpages for web serials or web serial authors as well as character accounts.
Blog fiction is a form of fiction writing that uses blogs to reach its readership. It is a small-scale fringe activity in the world of blogging, and although it has generated some literary critical interest, it remains isolated. It is presented in many forms, from a pretend diary or posted novel to a serialblog.
Web serials are cheaper to run than webcomics for the most part, although the returns are not much better, if at all. Most authors must pay for the costs out of their own pockets, though the significantly lower bandwidth strain of text instead of pictures may help lower the expenses. Hosting and advertisement costs are still just as much a concern for non-organized web serial authors as webcomic artists.
The advent of free blogging platforms such as the WordPress free host and Blogger have freed some serial writers from financial concerns, as well as any requirement for technical knowledge. However, these free hosts provide less flexibility and also may not be as scalable as a pay host.
Many writers use platforms specifically created for hosting fiction.
Donations are a common way of getting money for web serials, often using services such as PayPal, but one of the main means of monetizing Web serials is advertising on blogs, which can allow writers to both host banners or purchase them on other sites and blogs. This can allow authors to recoup many of the costs associated with online novel creation. These are sometimes sufficient to cover the basic costs for hosting, and some of the more popular web serials can succeed with their entire budget made from donations or revenue of this type.
A few web serial authors have taken to collecting their work and releasing in a book format for easy consumption offline. Self-publishing is key in this field, and services such as CafePress and Lulu.com are often used for distribution and sales of these anthologies. The advent and acceptance of the ebook has allowed writers to become quite prolific with "bound collections" offered as downloads in formats such as pdf, Smashwords, and Mobipocket.
On-demand merchandising sites like CafePress and Zazzle are also sources of income from sales of T-shirts, mugs, calendars, mousepads and other fan items.
Some publishers have started using serials on their sites as "eye bait" and proving grounds for novels, Tor Books. Similarly, writers with established series have been able to continue writing those series after being dropped by conventional publishers, as Lawrence Watt-Evans has done with his Ethshar novels.
See also: Cell phone novel and Web novels in South Korea
A web novel or webnovel is a novel published online. Web novels exist in both free-to-read and pay-to-read formats.
Most web novels are written as serials. Serialized novels have a long history, predating the internet by centuries.
Main article: Fan fiction
Fan fiction popularized the publishing of writing on the internet and set the standards for much of the community interaction surrounding web serials. Many fanfiction works have been published in multi-part works of epic length which prepared internet-based reading audiences for the easy digestion of serialized original works. Also, some web serial authors (and many authors in general) made their start in fanfiction before setting out for original work. Therefore, the readerships for fanfiction and web serials intersect quite a bit, and some fandom language and memes are shared by the web serial community. Most web serials tend towards regular publication schedules, however, whereas the bulk of fanfiction is published at the author's convenience. In fanfiction there is less obligation to finish or continue stories.
Many fan fiction archives (such as the popular Fanfiction.net archive) are set up to accommodate and encourage the publication of serial works. Fanfiction.net has a sister site, Fiction Press, for original work.
Main article: Interactive novel
Authors of traditional paper-and-ink novels have sometimes tried to give readers an interactive experience, but this approach didn't become completely feasible until the development of digital media and hypertext. Traditional novels are linear, that is, read from page to page in a straight line. Interactive novels, however, offer readers a unique way to read fiction by choosing a page, a character, or a direction. By following hyperlinked phrases within the novel, readers can find new ways to understand characters. There is no wrong way to read a hypertext interactive novel. Links embedded within the pages are meant to be taken at a reader's discretion – to allow the reader a choice in the novel's world.
Main article: Webcomic
Webcomics, online comics, or Internet comics are comics published on a website. While most are published exclusively on the web, some are also published in magazines, newspapers, or often self-published books.
Webcomics can be compared to self-published print comics in that almost anyone can create their own webcomic and publish it. As of January 2007, the four largest webcomic hosting services hosted over 18,000 webcomics, ranging from traditional comic strips to graphic novels and covering many genres and subjects.
Few are financially successful.
- ^Sideroad Magazine (July 1998), "Webisodics, Part 1"
- ^Forbes Magazine (September 12, 1997), "Why Cybersoaps Don't Clean Up"
- ^Cheung, Rachel (May 6, 2018). "China's online publishing industry – where fortune favours the few, and sometimes the undeserving". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
- ^Manley, Joey (2007-01-03). "The Number of Webcomics in the World". ComicSpace Blog. Archived from the original on 2012-01-17.
- ^Lacy, Steven (2007-11-21). "Webcomics are profane, explicit, humorous — and influencing trends". Charleston City Paper. Noel Mermer. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- ^Rall, Ted (2006). Attitude 3: The New Subversive Online Cartoonists. New York: Nantier Beall Minoustchine Publishing. p. 9. ISBN .
Is it all authors on the site trying to get stuff boosted. because there is a huge difference between author readers. And reader readers. The amount of time an author can devote to someone elses work is not as high as a regular reader. I know every reader is valuable and precious.
I know what you mean here; whether or not the site has enough readers, rather than writers, is a big deal because if it's just a bunch of authors fraternizing then it isn't useful for helping new people discover your work. However, one big positive sign is that the popular story Salvos, which was just added yesterday, already has 200+ votes. How many of those readers voted and then looked to see the other cool stories on the list? Hard to say so far, but we will see soon. 200 votes for the top story is a huge decline from the olden days (the #1 story used to have thousands of votes), but it's also only been a couple days.
To be frank, most writers want readers or at least an active community. But if readers don't know about an obscure website like this, how are they (the writers) supposed to catch the eyes of readers? Web novels are a saturated brand and there's so many online that readers attentions are pull to all kinds of websites.
This is the issue that we don't quite know about yet. The site used to have an active community of voters, just like top Web Comics (which tends to be VERY helpful the people who use it), but since the hiatus it has declined by something like 90% or more based on the votes for the top story. However, I can at least say that my stories have gotten referrals from Top Web Fiction in the past couple days, which I hadn't seen in a long time for the stories that were on for a long time. So at least SOME people are already using the site for its intended purpose! I'm optimistic.
What I want to know honestly... what makes topwebfiction more appealing to search through than any other place on the web that's more well known. Places like royal road, scribblehub, fiction.net, ect.
For this one, Top Web Fiction is not a hosting site on its own; it's an aggregator that basically unites all those sites together, plus stories on their own websites as well; you'll see stories from Royal Road, Wattpad, Scribble Hub, Tapas, Quotev, and any of that stuff, as long as enough people spread it around.
Now, the account thing is still annoying, but that's to prevent spambots, so it makes sense.
I don't know how the site will turn, but I'm gonna be optimistic about it, and also help Tapas users to use it if they want! (But I only get 5 invites per day so it'll be a bit slow )
Web Serial Novel
Also known as "webfiction" or the "online novel", web serial novels are the prose equivalent of Webcomics which happen to have distinct Story Arcs. An author, usually an amateur, publishes a novel in many short installments (often daily or weekly) on a website.
Quite often, the work in question is some sort of Fanfic, but also included in this category are completely original works. Most long-form fanfic is posted on places like FanFiction.Net in installments, and thus would qualify as this trope.
Web serials are the Spiritual Successors to the Serial Novels which Charles Dickens (and many other authors of that time) originally published in serial form in newspapers and in Dime Novel form.
See Web Fiction Guide and Muses Success for incomplete listings of serial novels, among other forms of online prose fiction. Top Web Fiction keeps a list of active/popular English-language web serials, employing a weekly voting system in order to stay consistently current.
In the years leading up to The New '10s, Japanese-language "web novels" began to attract attention from publishers — Recuts of these stories now make up a significant chunk of the Light Novel market, and in turn a number of these have gone on to become mainstream hits with anime and manga adaptations. Shousetsuka ni Narou ("Let's Become a Novelist") is one of the most popular hubs for this in Japan, with over a hundred of the works on the site having been adopted for publication.
Please note that these works go in the Literature/ namespace, and not Web Original.
open/close all folders
- Above Ground is a post-apocalypticDark Fantasy where humans live underground and the infected live above ground. The story follows the adventures of the human girl Lilith, who is trapped upon the surface alongside werewolves, witches, and the like.
- Addergoole is a contemporary fantasy with erotic, Dark Fantasy and Fractured Fairy Tale elements taking place in a Boarding School.
- The Adventures of Fox Tayle is about a regular fox made to be a soldier, but then the government project is cancelled. Fox escapes being killed and is hunted by the FBI for the majority of the story. First published on deviantART.
- The Adventures of Pat O'Neil is a self-narrative of the life of Pat O'Neil, a "regular guy from Iowa" that somehow ended up battling the forces of Clan Platypus, a organization of ninjas trying to take over the universe by sellingmeth.
- Adventures in the Pirate Continent a girl gets lost in the pulp adventurer filled world full of Vikings, Nazis, and Sea Monsters.
- Aethernea is a fantasy series set in an original world created by Cloe D. Frost, where everyone can use magic. The story follows the adventures of Kiel Rroda and Elaru Wayvin who attempt to enroll into the most prestigious university of magic, become the most powerful mages and uncover secrets of their world.
- Aivoton Aikamatka
- A Martial Odyssey is a xianxia web serial, written by Kay Tea. Where a young master who fell from grace tries to pick up the pieces that were scattered in his ruin. As his family and clan descends into chaos due to threats both external and domestic. To bring peace, to quell the disdain from everyone, he begins to climb the journey to strength once more.
- Anachronauts is a web novel series in which multiple realities converge onto a single planet, and all the consequences that ensue because of it. Thus, its tagline: "a web novel series of broomsticks, semiautomatics, and jetpacks."
- Anathema is an ongoing serialized novel that explores the stories of three superpowered characters with diverse backgrounds and motivations in an alternate universe very similar to our own. Their plotlines impact one another and eventually begin to converge. The story features tropes such as Anti-Villain, Crapsack World and Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!. Tagline: Those comic books were lying about superpowers.
- Anesthesia is a sci-fi adventure about a crazy boy, who is the heir to an incredibly wealthy company, and his twin sister.
- The Angaran Chronicles short stories fit into this genre which are based in a Diesel Punk setting about the Hunters, magically enhanced super spies and assassins as they wage a Secret War against the oppressive theocracy which dominates the continent of Angara. Mostly following the elf Hunter Anargrin and his elite team in their morally ambiguous black ops missions.
- Angel of Death is an Urban Fantasy Web Serial about a lich named Cody Giles coping with the guilt imposed by his need to devour human souls while trying to use his dark powers for good.
- Angry Remembrance is a Coming of Age story with an Urban Fantasy bent. Brian Cargill learns that the father he thought walked out on his family actually died a hero—fighting an ancient battle between two warring factions of shapeshifters who call upon the powers of legendary heroes and their nemeses.
- Animas Conquest is a web serial novel that updates at least once weekly. It is about a School for Scheming in a semi-post-apocalyptic setting.
- The Antithesis revolves around the conflicts of a uniquely-perceived Heaven and Hell, narrated by the main character, Alezair Czynri, who is a member of the "Jury", a sect of non-Celestials who live in Purgatory and enforce "The Code".
- Animated Critic Universe
- An Outcast in Another World is a stuck-in-another-world LitRPG series that focuses on survival, characterization, and plot progression. The main character is kidnapped and struggles against horrible monsters and societal exclusion, determined to triumph over both.
- Antlers Colorado is a horror/supernatural serial about a young medium who runs away from home and ends up solving mysteries with the sheriff's department in a weird small town.
- Arcana Magi is a young adult fantasy universe written by H-M Brown. It features a web serial novel of the main series about a teenage girl, who received a mystical item from one of The Four Gods, and was captured and brainwashed by an Evil Company to serve their needs. He also wrote Arcana Magi Zero, an Alternate UniverseShort Story Trilogy about the beginnings of two teenage girls, who received their magical items from The Four Gods, and try to understand their place in the world.
- Arrow and Ace is a Slice of Life type story where everyone in the world has superpowers. It follows multiple characters and their struggles with both accepting their powers and more typical teenage concerns.
- Ars Harmonia is a collection of short stories told in Light Novel format, set in the same universe as Vacant Sky. It's an Urban Fantasy tale about a namelessdemon hunter who fights to keep various supernatural entities from encroaching upon the unsuspecting society at large, and what happens when she fails.
- Ascendance of a Bookworm: Follows a Bookworm who died and was Reincarnate in Another World. However, she was born with a weak body, the world is medieval, and her family poor, so she starts trying to make her own books with the help of her friend. Started publishing as a web novel in 2013 on Shousetsuka ni Narou and was later released as a light novel series by TO Books.
- Ash & Cinders is an episodic fantasy story written by Connor M. Perry. It is a Fetch Quest and self-described Epic Fairy Tale where the two siblings and their mentor on a race to retrieve their half brother after he is stolen by a Wizard.
- Associated Space is an often-hilarious science fiction story written by a friend of a troper.
- ATL Stories From The Retrofuture is a sci-fi Post Cyber Punk story about a twentysomething slacker with technologically-enhanced superpowers who has to protect the city from Atlanta from whatever threat emerges this week. It's mainly a comedy, but has some elements of Detective Drama, with a bit of Slice of Life mixed in.
- Avalons Reign is a cyberpunk serial novel.
- Babe Ruth: Man-Tank Gladiator is the half-remembered story of Babe Ruth, the world's greatest man-tank gladiator, as told by a priest in the year 4025.
- Bad Influences is a blogged disaster fiction about a global flu pandemic.
- BANG Series (taken down) is about a Robot Cat of Mass Destruction who joins a La Résistance to overthrow the Corrupt Corporate Executive who has taken over and destroyed the world.
- Barkwire is a series of articles that imitate a social network for the obsessive fans of a small town's canine population.
- Battle Is An Art is a serial about a dragon-girl trying to please her Maker, who she hates, so as to not get her universe destroyed.
- Battle Kreaturez - Comeback is an adaptation/Continuity Reboot of the early chapters of the webcomic Battle Kreaturez.
- Becoming a better writer is a group of books written by an amateur New Zealand author and serialized on his website. So far involves Demon Hunting and Werewolf Law.
- Behind Closed Doors is a Spiritual Adaptation of Your Turn to Die and a Spin-Off of SWAP Ensemble that takes place 15 years after.
- Beware Of Chicken is a Deconstruction of Wuxia and Xianxia novels.
- Beyond Logic
- Though the results aren't nearly long enough to be considered "novels", BIONICLE includes web serials as part of their canon. They supplement the books and comics in that they can focus on and flesh out side characters—including the villains—or continue to tell adventures of those whose toys are no longer on the market. The final novel of the series was only available to read on-line (in English, at least... some European countries printed it into an actual book), so there's that for a novel-length serial.
- Birthright (2017) follows a princess who has been cursed and impersonated, as she tries to find a way to break the curse and warn her family what has happened, all while avoiding the watchful eye of her captor.
- blacklight is a modern fantasy web-serial about making the best of a really, really, really bad situation.
- Blacktop is a horror/thriller web serial that follows one Gael Gonzalez, a man that can spout vines from his palms who works for an agency tasked with hunting down rogue daemons. Despite being a veteran of this agency and loved by the people, Gael's bored with his life and wants something interesting to happen. And he just get that wish when, one day, daemon readings in the city end up spiking higher than they ever have in years...
- Blank Rune follows the story of Tana, a girl who lost her magic after the defeat of her masters.
- The Book of the Gear is the most complete part of the Gearworld setting from Ursula Vernon. Now abandoned and unlikely to continue, it never had much real plot to begin with and was more of an exploration of a compellingly strange world.
- Blank Mastermind concerns an amnesiac villain who has to convince his henchmen that he hasn't lost his memories, stop his own evil plans and save his archenemy.
- Blasphemous And Unintentionally Racist Things Keaton And Wyatt Say
- Border, KS is a modern fantasy story about a fictional town in southern Kansas which is both on the border with Oklahoma, and the Border between supernatural realms. It updates Tuesday and Thursday at Border, KS.
- The Brave New World Universe is a superhero story about people who are randomly Chosen to gain superpowers. The Choosing changes their sex and grants them superpowers. It is hosted on tgstorytime.com.
- Brennus is a story that's (mostly) about a teenager with Super Intelligence trying to become a superhero.
- Building Tales is a set of serialized short stories, novellas and, apparently, will contain novels in the future. It is written by the artist of The Life of Nob T. Mouse and All Over The House.
- BGQG is a romantic comedy about a loner and a shy girl and the relationship between them.
- Caelum Lex, is a sci-fi web serial about a woman who boards a space pirate vessel called the Dionysian and the ramshackle crew that mans it.
- Canticle, a web novel series about a demon assassin who is banished to futuristic Earth after refusing to kill an innocent girl. Due to this, he's now hunted by his former comrades while he searches to uncover a sinister plot.
- Can You Spare a Quarter?, a web novel about a 12-year old boy who has run away from Abusive Parents and eventually meets a kind man who takes him in.
- Cardboard Chronicles, a collaborative chat-based narrative that spawned out of a number of running gags on the Spinnerette comment board in October of 2012. It has since spread to DeviantArt, where it has its own group page.
- Card Force Infection is a Yu-Gi-Oh! inspired story about a trading card game powered by magic, cursed cards, and a plot to summon the devil.
- The Case Files Of Ibrahim Helsing is an ongoing serial about the black sheep of the of the van Helsing family, Ibrahim Helsing and his adventures in defending the innocent, whether they be humans or monsters.
- Chakona Space: A Web OriginalShared UniverseFurry setting, based on a Web Serial Novel, "Forest Tales", by Bernard Doove, (available here (NSFW)) that started as a Star TrekFanfic and became its own series. "Forest Tales" was the first series in the setting, but others have been written, by Doove and an army of Chakat fans. Some of these fans are better writers than others.
- The Champions (2011) is a superhero serial about a team of superheroes in both their public and private lives. is a web serial novel about a group of superheroes. The story follows these heroes as they struggle to defeat villains and their personal problems. The story is being published on a web site called Fiction Press one chapter at a time. A chapter is added to the story every Saturday. It has over 100 chapters.
- Chaos Fighters, a serial novel series with extreme amounts of fighting scenes.
- Chaos Timeline, an Alternate History'verse beginning with the premature death of Genghis Khan and exploring the For Want of a Nail down the centuries that results from it.
- Chatoyant College is an Urban Fantasy series about a group of friends of are studying at the only university in America that teaches magic.
- The Chronicles of Steve Stollberg is a satirical web serial novel about 3 young boys (Steve, James, and Harrison) who hang out together at Northville Middle School.
- The Chronicles of Taras is a regularly updated Horror/Science-Fiction Diesel Punk Web Serial by N. Somniack involving a teenage girl sent to an alleged Summer Camp called 'Camp Moric' that has some shady staff and hardened"Campers". Though, unfortunately, the worst of it is probably The Rake and the other horrible entities lurking about Camp Moric.
- Chrysalis follows a consciousness known as the Terran who seeks to avenge the scouring of the Earth at the hands of an alien empire.
- Cirno And Purple Steve is the story of Cirno Excalibur, who found a pole in his back yard, got struck by weird lightning, and went with his new talking pole to go fight the demons. It's an experimental adventure story published weekly.
- Citadel follows a class of trainees through a brutally pragmatic Superhero School
- City of Angles is a serial about a perpetually changing urban world of Alien Geometries and the people who end up trapped there, trying to eke out a living amidst the weirdness. The ongoing mystery about the origin of the City and its true nature forms the backbone of the series.
- City on the Edge of Nowhere, a multi-part multimedia recap of the alien monster invasion depicted in the author's novel, Eden Green.
- The Clockwork Raven is a Miyazaki-inspired Clock Punk saga about two teens, Action Girl Karla and Badass Bookworm Kio, who fight to survive on the floating castle where they've been trapped alone for ten years. Magical twists abound as their world gradually becomes more expansive and terrifying.
- Codex Nekromantia: life, love, necromancy, the fragile human condition when caught between the jaws of a very robust human condition, and wholesale zombie slaughter.
- The Cockroach Metamorphosis is the transformation of people from having just suffered into becoming genuinely happy with themselves again, but not before they've had to deal with Lovecraftian monsters and worlds that cannot make sense.
- Coiling Dragon follows Linley Baruch as he goes to the Ernst Institute to master magic, and then moves on reclaim his clan's legacy, find revenge for his parents, and seek a place among the gods. This 800+ chapter story is described as a mix of wuxia and Daoist fantasy.
- Cold Obsidian is a story of a young man who becomes an apprentice of the creators of his world.
- Color Shock is a tale of two cities. One is an unmappable, black and white maze called the city of all cities where street addresses are replaced with dates that mysteriously stop right before the millennium and musicians play the only color in the world into existence. The other is a high-tech metropolis where three teenage gangs (the Reds, the Blues, and the Greens) fight with colored solid light they can throw from their fingertips. In both cities, a mysterious force seeks to blot out all the color in the world forever. Here's the link, till I get around to making a page.
- The Comfortable Courtesan by L A Hall is a novel, originally published as a Dreamwidth blog, about a Regency High-Class Call Girl and her circle.
- The Cool Kids Chronicles is an ongoing Coming-of-Age Story about a group of superpowered kids and their friends that slowly gets darker as the narrative becomes more unified.
- Correspondence From The Goddess is an ongoing Epistolary Novel from Lydia Devin, a normal woman who was mysteriously raised to the level of divinity, and her sister Elana. Through a series of flashbacks, Lydia tries to understand the events that lead to her destroying the universe and putting it back together.
- Fanfic author Copperbadge publishes original work here, and to date has two complete novels and is working on a third. Interestingly, he asks readers to comment on any mistakes and to raise questions about the work, which he considers during his revisions.
- The Countryship Yoors follows the adventures of an oddly Genre Savvy protagonist who, without explanation, ended up in space, aboard a ship the size of a country.
- The Court Of Tales is a fantasy story about the last human on the Land of Faerie and what goes on in the courts of these lands.
- The Crusaders is a serial following the adventures of Kon Dui, a young, wealthy, alien immigrant struggling to fulfill his life-long aspirations to superheroism instilled in him by the first Age of Superheroes, and the team of inexperienced psychological train-wrecks he was assigned to lead.
- The Crush, a discontinued serial set in an Alternate History with Elemental Powers. It centers around two friends on a Redemption Quest to make things right after a devastating defeat.
- Cryptocracy Novel is a scifi drama/comedy serial by Dan Sabato which follows the exploits of a group of former space marines who defect to a band of pirates and unravel a government conspiracy
- Curse Words is a magical boarding school fantasy about teenagers uncovering political conspiracies, mucking about with magic, and generally making poor decisions.
- Curveball is Super Hero fiction about a mysterious conspiracy surrounding the murder of Liberty, America's Greatest Hero.
- Cupid Able is a romantic comedy about an Otaku who has a hopeless crush on his neighbor until Cupid is delivered to his house one morning.
- Cyberdine Dreams is an Alternate Universe Fic of Furry Fandom author Perri Rhoades' Spectral Shadows.
- Dante's Infanzia is the story of Dante Willis who, after dying on his 18th birthday, winds up in Limbo where he will be treated like a baby for all of eternity.
- The Daily Grind is the story of a tech-support guy and his infinite office-space dungeon. At least at first.
- DarkWatch follows a team of agents who protect the world from supernatural threats. Relatively new, but updated frequently.
- The Death Mage Who Doesn't Want a Fourth Time: Follows a reincarnator, who after being killed as a teenager in a terrorist attack on Earth and then spending his second life as an illegal human test subject in a Magitek world, is out to do everything in his power to not lose his latest life as an orphan half-vampire death mage in a High Fantasy world and have to find out just how much worse a fourth reincarnation could get.
- Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody follows a 30 something programmer who finds himself trapped in a fantasy world after some particularly bad crunch time / "death marching" to finish a mobile game, and decides to go on a sight-seeing tour vacation.
- Decembersville tells the tale of a young girl who is sucked into a world of freaks, murder, and mystery.
- Deeper Up the Tower is a queer fantasy serial about a mysterious knight named Florian who enters the titular Tower and finds a world of strange magic and disco dreams. Each floor of the Tower is a new adventure for Florian where they may make a new friend or meet their end.
- Defection is the story about Alecia, and Jessica. One knows too much, the other is caught in middle of a web of lies. Everything is progressing towards a collision of tectonic proportions and there is going to be collateral.
- The Descendants is a Super Hero story formatted in such a way that it's a comic book without pictures.
- Desolate Era is the wuxia story of Ji Ning, an Earth teenager that is killed and reincarnated on a world of immortal wielding fantastic supernatural abilities. The story follows him as he develops his powers to first protect his family and then to avenge them.
- Deucalion Chronicles is a Fantasy Kitchen SinkSpace Opera, with time travelers, mages, androids, werewolves and more all rubbing elbows and often as not beating the crap out of one another.
- Deviant is a story about the rise of superhumans with the destruction of Seattle. A teenager gets involved in a world of violent vigilantes and seedy gangs, struggling to hold onto their morality in a world that seems to be lacking it.
- Diaclone VS. Gridman, a four-chapter crossover between Denkou Choujin Gridman and Diaclone toy series, as well as the prequel to SSSS.GRIDMAN.
- Dimension Heroes, a web novel series skewed towards a younger demographic featuring five teens who discover futuristic battle suits and are subsequently thrust into an adventure in which they must save their world from colliding with a parallel dimension.
- Ding Hai Fu Sheng Lu
- The Dionaea House, which was told in segments appearing on different websites, every October for three years.
- Dis Acedia A Dark Fantasy where the main cast is trapped in Dis, a hellish prison dimension ruled by the Mad God Lazarus and filled with the most horrible monsters in all of fantasy with Dis' actual denizens being worse.
- The Distinguished Cute Master is a Chinese transmigration and cultivation novel where the supposed villain is brought back to when she was a child and decides that this time around she's going to raise the protagonist to find treasure for her so she won't end up fighting him for it in the future. A bigger mystery surrounding why she was sent back and if she was the only one gradually emerges.
- The Distortion Detective is a mystery novel set in the world of Library Of Ruina, showcasing the life of Moses, a detective able to see the "Distortion" phenomenon that turns people into monsters.
- Division by Zero is a Science FantasyCosmic Horror Story. In a multiverse abandoned by God, its denizens are condemned to be free. Cast into an unsympathetic existence, two planets wage war that spans eons and spares none, sweeping Kohana Outtaike, a 15-year-old girl from Earth, into its chaos. Guided by Hiroyuki DAccardi, her Spectrian Advisor, she becomes a general in a conflict upon which the fate of the multiverse hinges. Allied with 7 others like her subjected to the same fate, Kohana must confront God, who created the multiverse out of nothingness, and its creations, who create nothingness out of the multiverse.
- The Dogs is an erotic deconstruction of the common stereotypes found in the transformation genre common in the Furry fandom, but meant to be read as Lit Fic.
- Domina is a series about the titular city, which has evolved a unique culture based around Bio-Augmentation. Also, it is written by a troper.
- DO NOT TAKE THE SHELLS is a Lovecraft-inspired weekly serial about a man who visits a coastal village that is not quite what it seems.
- Douluo Dalu a series that follows the second life of a prodigy from a Martial Arts sect that used Poison and Hidden Weapons, who after his death was born in a world of Spirits and Great Powers, he now looks to create his sect again and grow to the very top.
- Dragomirs Diary is a daily fantasy serial about the man himself, who tries to live a normal life in a not-so-normal castle, and the consequences of this silly decision.
- Dragon Queen is a young adult fantasy web serial following a girl's quest to find her mother.
- The Dragon Wars Saga is a young adult fantasy serial in which four British teenagers are dragged into another world to become warriors and save said world from disaster.
- Dream High School is a variation on the Choose Your Own Adventure that tells stories of a high schooler who takes night classes in a shared Dream Land. Pages are uploaded bi-weekly, and readers vote on what happens next after each upload.
- Dreams Of The Dying is an ongoing fantasy/horror web serial that follows a cynical mercenary into an ultra-capitalistic island nation where he has to enter the mind of a merchant king. It's a Prequel to Enderal.
- The Ed Stories, a series of short stories about a Mad ScientistSlacker college student who does everything from teleporting the Sun to sending the entire Earth backwards in time.
- EHUD Prelude To Apocalypse
- Elcenia is the High Fantasy / Slice of Life story of half-elven mage Rhysel, who has been summoned from one superficially Standard Fantasy Setting to another and is stranded there. Despite superficial similarities the two worlds are at least as different from each other as either is from Earth.
- Ellipsis, a story where one-hundred souls of the recently deceased wake up to find themselves in Limbo. They are forced into a gauntlet of Battle Royale Games where the last man standing will win back their life and return to Earth. Those who lose, however, are sentenced to eternal damnation in Hell.
- Emerald Prince, about a young man who is Trapped in Another World and has to impersonate the prince, but then finds himself in the middle of a murder investigation.
- Emily H The Viking Princess: A Norsewoman and her boyfriend in a veryhistorically inaccurate Viking-era Scandinavia adventure to rescue her missing father.
- Engines of Creation, is the story of a small Canadian town that finds itself trapped knee-deep in political turmoil and medieval magick when it is suddenly and mysteriously transported into the mystical Pactlands.
- Enter The Farside is the story written by Saramoff about a young adult with superpowers who joins the superpowered police of Manchester. The world is full of Eldritch Horrors, with Earth being linked to a parallel plane of alien, inscrutable madness called the Farside.
- Entirely Presenting You is the story of Alexis, a girl coming to terms with her new superpowers, and becoming the world's first superhuman.
- Ephemeral Prince, a sequel to the freeware RPG Star Stealing Prince.
- Er Ha He Ta Te Bai Mao Shi Zun
- The Erratical Saga
- Eternal Bushido is a Wuxia work written by K. W. Robertson that focuses on a young woman who must rely on a stranger to help bring her home's attackers to justice, all the while risking to plunge the empire of Vesitgia into civil war.
- Expedition Z is a StoryShift-hosted post-apocalyptic zombie story written by James Renner, depicting a newly-graduated cadet with his partner on a Lewis and Clark-esque expedition to the West to document any survivors of the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Existential Terror and Breakfast Malcolm Steadman is driven mad by a series of existential dread. The plot is carried along as a 90-day countdown to the day that he dials a suicide hotline ticks away. He also eats breakfast.
- Expiry Date is a work by the creator of Ro.Te.O. One of the protagonists, Kieran, knows the day of his death - in fact, there's a permanent reminder on his wrist. But with creatures called Barcodes to defeat and schoolwork to be done, Kieran's life might be gone before he knows it.
- Fae Tales is a series of original dark fantasy/explicit erotica. Gwyn ap Nudd, renowned warrior and king of the Seelie Court, and Augus Each Uisge, Unseelie predatory waterhorse, should have had nothing to do with each other - but dark secrets, ancient grudges, and a growing understanding between the two faes come together to change the course of events throughout the fae realms.
- Farce of the Three Kingdoms is a chapter-by-chapter retelling of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, in which the Values Dissonance and rampant idiocy are exaggerated and lampshaded.
- Fartago, a serialized blog novel by author Tony Caroselli about the adventures of a tribe of cavemen who have found a monolith similar to the one from the opening chapters/scenes of the book/movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not fanfic as Caroselli has said the cavemen are not the same ones seen in the book and movie (the lead one of whom is named "Moon-Watcher" in the book, a name not seen in the blog novel). Indeed, Fartago takes place at least 1 million years after the opening chapters of the book 2001, the tribe in Fartago is apparently much larger and better organized than the one in 2001, and Caroselli has said the monolith has not been created by the same race and not for the same purpose. Caroselli insists the premise is an homage, not fanfic.
- Fabled Hearts is a collection of traditional untraditional fantasy short stories in web serial format. The stories are frequently kind of weird.
- The Facility an upstart web serial, the story centers around a boy named Matsuo Kōdaina in a dystopian alternate Japan where children that "dishonor" their families with criminal behavior are sent to a large high school converted to a maximum-security prison filled with high school cliché gangs that are at constant war with each other.
- Female General and Eldest Princess is an original Chinese web serial novel set in a fictionalized and embellished version of Tang Dynasty China.
- "Fighting Monsters" is a superhero story that heavily plays with He Who Fights Monsters.
- Finding Snowflakes is a rather heartwarming Rom Com featuring a book-obsessed Socially Awkward Hero and Genki Girl who, as all teenagers, have their issues standing in their way. Set to be a deconstruction of the usual high-school clichés.
- Fine Structure
- The Finite is a fantasy/romance story set in the universe of Kubera, set around 150 years before the webcomic. It details the meeting and subsequent romance of a revenge-driven human named Ian and the immortal dragon Taksaka, the one she has sworn revenge against.
- The Finite Life of a Dating Sim Heroine, is a Gender Bender story about a boy who gets sent into a Dating Sim and forced into the body of the game's heroine.
- First: Do No Harm is a Web Serial Novel by Insanity Lord (Justin J. on Fictionpress). It follows the life of Chastity 'Vanilla' Jackson, a doctor and scientist in the 22nd Century, and the lives of her family and those close to her.
- Fishbowl is an ongoing science-fiction Web Serial Novel.
- Flesh+Blood is a Web Serial Novel and sequel to Under My Skin by A.E "Asynca" Dooland, once again focusing on Min Lee, a transgender artist, after she has quit her job and entered into a relationship with schoolgirl Bree Dejanovic. Both characters are faced with new issues that stem from their dysfunctional families.
- Flight of the Godkin Griffin was a serial novel by M.C.A. Hogarth that has been published as a duology, with an audio adaptation.
- Floating Point is a Cyberpunk series taking place Inside a Computer System populated by sentient A.I., each living out the social patterns of The Internet... the good and the bad.
- The Flying Cloud, an alternate universe where World War 1 ended early and airships rule the skies.
- Forbidden Book is an Adventure/Fantasy Manga Story on Fictionpress. It focuses on an adolescent boy and his True Companions as he journeys through an unfamiliar land to find his way out of the book. All the while warding off the hostile creatures known as Bakemono sent to kill him. Complete with 22 chapters.
- Form and Void is an ongoing Grimdark switchblade-and-sorcery web serial by Mabel Harper and Cassidy Webb about two modern-day mages attempting to solve a mass murder within the city of Philadelphia. Notable for having two Transgender protagonists.
- The Forsaken Children
- Fox Demon Cultivation Manual
- A Frequent Travellers Guide To Jovan is a political fantasy web serial by Senna Black featuring royal brothers Valentin, Deadpan Snarker and Magnificent Bastard and Cassius, Nice Guy and Oblivious Younger Sibling and their adventures in service of their niece, the Empress of Jovan.
- From Winter's Ashes is a dark fantasy web serial by Patrick Rochefort and Keith Aksland, following Detective Heather Blackthorne as she struggles against arctic weather, past traumas, and old horrors made terribly new again.
- The Future Is Also A Memory is an ongoing web novel focusing on the gay relationship between Commodore General William Masterson and the alien prince Nova ban Irdat after the war between their respective interplanetary governments is ended, published on the author's Neocities page.
- The Gaiad is an Epic Poem telling the story of evolution
- Galactic Crucibles is a Science FictionShared Universe with numerous authors. It consists mostly of a series of original short stories as well encylopedic-style articles for worldbuilding. It was originally part of the Spore Wiki Fiction Universe until it broke off and became its own thing.
- Galactiquest is a Science Fiction series involving a ragtag young space crew's journey to Neptune under a bumblingspace military.
- The Galactic Series is a Space Opera short-story series set in a pair of colliding galaxies. Whilst very human issues of war, politics, and culture arise, humans, themselves are oddly absent, barring the occasional mysterious occurrences of time travel and their parting gift of "the human database".
- The Gam3 is a Science Fiction series where Earth has been introduced to the Game, a virtual reality that controls real-world resources and government through the entire galaxy. Contains large doses of RPG tropes.
- Game Of The Gods is a Science Fantasy that takes place 20 Minutes into the Future in a video game world.
- Gamer Girl is a superhero action-comedy web serial novel following the bizarre adventures of Ralphie Hero, aka Gamer Girl, a costumed vigilante with the superpower to summon the items and abilities of video game player characters. Working alongside her partner Comikazé Kazé Maniakku, aka Fangirl, a superhero fanatic with an electric fan gun, Ralphie sets out to make a name for herself in a city already full of crime fighters. Between the monsters, the supervillains, and Ralphies mild sociopathic tendencies, it does not go well.
- The Gates Of Dawn
- Girl: Who are you? Alien: Er, Im an alien. is a story about an alien landing on a planet in search of emotions to fuel her ship, then comes across and befriends a girl who helps supply the fuel.
- Glimmer in the Dark is an Erotic Horror multi-genre (includes superhero, supernatural, science fantasy) is set in an alternative history future version of Australia. The plot centers around a teenage girl who is fascinated by the paranormal and wants to believe that superheroes can really exist but learns that means supervillains can be real too.
- God Complex is a mash-up of mythology, post-apocalyptic, and fantasy tropes. Mortals are extinct but now all the mythology gods are back trying to figure out what to do now that they have no one left to pray to them.
- The Gods Are Bastards is High FantasyWestern set at the end of the Age of Adventurers.
- The Golden Feather is a deconstruction of several Boys' Love Genre clichés, in which a Shrinking Violet randomly receives a letter one day from a boy claiming he's lonely and in need of a friend... and said boy turns out to be the school player. All that's left is following the cliché, right? Ha, one could only wish...
- The Good Witch: Initially started as a webcomic before switching over to written format, it tells the story of a young boy-turned-girl who receives incredible magic powers...and then starts using them to get revenge for all the wrongs done to him/her.
- Good Fae, a story about a member of the Italian Mafia. Oh, and he's also a medium who regularly works with and against fairies, ghosts, gods, and monsters and is tasked with dealing with magical threats.
- Grandmaster of Theft is an ActionThriller / Mystery which features multiple volumes of story lines and overarching story starring 1st person Classy Cat-Burglar Cassidy Cain.
- The Greatest Magicmaster's Retirement Plan
- A Grey World is an action/coming of age story with science fiction elements. The plot centers around a young girl, Alexis, as she contents with issues ranging from severe bullying and gang violence to social anxiety.
- Grimoires Soul a fantasy web serial novel involving spirited teenage noble Ceyda Lucrece and their talking spellbook, Doc.
- Grunvale, P.R. Storm's web novel about anthropomorphic animals.
- Guide To Moral Living In Examples, an ever-growing collection of short stories about the daily challenges of life, such as what to do if you are attacked by a six-foot bacteria or if the company that you're applying to has been infiltrated by Hideous Telepathic Space-faring Lizardmen in Mansuits.
- Guns, Swords and Steam
- Guts and Sass: An Anti Epic deconstructs many popular fantasy tropes, providing both parody and serious exploration of being zapped to a Magical Land with feudal agriculturalist monarchy, semi-domesticated pastoralist, Proud Warrior Races, and hunter-gatherers.
- Hackett is a serial novel that details the adventures of an interdimensional taskforce that works for (and with) the titular Hackett.
- HALF Adventures, a comedy/Science Fantasy web serial about a young backwoods "Fuizan" recruited to work for the titular H.A.L.F. Technologies, a shadowy galactic Mega-Corp that hunts down magical artifacts (among many other questionable services and products).
- Hands Held in the Snow is a Yuri Genre young adult fantasy serial about two young women falling in love in a wintery city. One girl is training to be a (celibate) priest, and the other is set in an arranged engagement to a noblewoman from a foreign country. W.A.F.F. ensues.
- Harem Prince, a comedic Light Novel-esque parodies the Harem Genre as it follows a MoeOtaku who is forced to make friends and uses it to build a harem in the real world. Surprisingly Realistic Outcome occurs.
- Heavenward on Golden Wings, hosted on LupineKing.com is a xuanhuan-esque heroic fantasy novel series centered on Valerian Steelborn, a boy genius clawing his way to the top in a magical world where might is right.
- Hell's Kitchen Sink An Urban Fantasy setting about those who get stuck in the business of the Masquerade, in a modern world where All Myths Are True.
- Heretical Edge a novel centering around Flick Chambers who is recruited into Crossroads Academy and brought into a world where she and her fellow students will be made into Heretics and taught to use their extraordinary gifts to protect the mundane world from Strangers, the endless variety of beasts and monsters that lurk within the shadows.
- The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious, a web novel about a summoned hero who refuses to do anything without considerable preparation.
- Heroes Save the World, a superhero novel about geopolitics, the concept of tragedy as a conflict between irreconcilable goods, and what happens when one hundred fourteen-year-olds get superpowers.
- HIFIVE, a superhero serial novel about a group of teenage superheroes tasked with defending the planet after their parents leave earth to deal with an alien presence.
- Holly Woods, a serial novel about a young actress in Hollywood as she struggles to make it in show business and deals with romantic issues along the way.
- Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi is a slice of life and romance about a modest nobleman from the frozen north and a decorated former soldier getting to know each other and fall in love over the course of a one year "trial marriage".
- Some argue that Homestuck is a script-based version of this. The story is well known for its word-count and a format that sometimes edges closer towards an illustrated novel than a traditional comic.
- The Homestuck Epilogues, the non-canon sequel/finale to Homestuck written by its authors, is all text and was broken up into multiple parts and released gradually online.
- How to Avoid Death on a Daily Basis is an adventure comedy about a Borderline Sociopath being dropped into a fantasy world and being grouped into a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon King is a now-Light Novel series that began life on the Internet, about an Evil Overlord building an empire while ravishing every female he comes across.
- How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse is a comedic parody depicting the usually grim Zombie Apocalypse scenario while following the train wreck of a group called the Anti-Zombie Squad, which tries nothing less than ending the After the End world of walking dead. Hilarity ensues.
- How to Survive Camping is a series of horror stories revolving around a campsite that is home to many creatures of folklore, with the campsite owner having established a list of rules in order to preserve the mystical nature of the site all while ensuring the survival of the campers.
- Ilivais X can be summed up as the tribulations of a slightly psychotic young woman and her Humongous Mecha, the titular Ilivais X.
- Imperial Dawn
- I'm In Love With the Villainess is a web novel by Inori about a Japanese woman who is reincarnated as the protagonist of her favorite otome game, "Revolution," only to ignore the three handsome princes that would normally be her love interests in favor of the rival character in the original routes. I'm In Love With The Villainess has been adapted into a Light Novel format for the print edition as well as a Manga adaption.
- Immortal Sun Mist Emperor is a story written by Gustavo J. under the pen name Imperial Sun. It's about a young boy who seems to become the strongest mage in the universe of Xeleria. The story is currently updating weekly on Wattpad and is on its second entry (technically it has three, but one of those is a prequel).
- The Impossible Man is a comedy web novel also written by H-M Brown, about an Anime and Manga Store owner and the random antics he gets into.
- Industrial Zone
- Inferno Unleashed
- Inheritors is a superhero web serial about Gabe, a clone of his world's Superman.
- Interviewing Leather is a short story about a freelance writer for a music magazine who is sent to interview a supervillain.
- Impractical Magic A Wizarding School where competition is fierce, godhood is a career aspiration you can put on your forms, and where the medical students will push you down a staircase so they can practice. "Study, survive, and hold your secrets close."
- Invisible Werewolf Dracula Meets Vampire Mummy Frankenstein
- The Iron Teeth is a dark fantasy web serial about a Goblin named Blacknail struggling to survive a killer forest in a harsh medieval world full of savage beasts, and ruthless people.
- I Swear I Won't Bother You Again!: Follows a young woman who regretted the actions she took in her life. For some reason, she is able to travel back in time and now vows to live a quiet and simple life without hurting anyone. Started as a web novel in 2017 on Shousetsuka ni Narou and soon after got a light novel and manga adaptation by Gentosha.
- Ive Been Reborn As A Dungeon Monster is a web novel about a guy who is reborn as a monster and focuses on him trying to understand this new world and find his place in it. The story updates weekly on SpaceBattles.com.
- Jake And The Dynamo is a serial novel about a city protected by Magical Girls and the unlucky teenage boy who gets more involved with one of the girls than he'd like to be.
- John Dies at the End got started as a bunch of self-proclaimed "retarded horror stories" written as Halloween specials. However, it was taken offline when it was published in book form.
- Jolt is a web serial novel about a dorky superhero, a mean girl supervillain, and a schizophrenic anti-hero, living in a world where 20% of Earth's population has superpowers.
- Junction Point is a hard sci-fi serial about humanity traveling to a nearby star and making first contact, as well as trying to find the originators of the signal that brought them.
- Justice Squad was a Script Format series that followed the adventures of a team of superheroes as they attempted to save the world from all sorts of strange and kooky dangers.
- Katalepsis, is an ongoing urban fantasy web serial set in a creepy English town, with somecosmic horror overtones, and a lot of lesbian romance.
- Kat And Mouse Guns For Hire, It's 2042 in the California Free State metroplex of Bay City. Kat and Mouse are a pair of ronin—guns for hire—trying to eke out a living.
- Keit-AiTomoyuki x Seiko is the web novel version of the notorious memecopypasta from 4chan. It involves an asthmatic wimpy boy and a tomboyish athletic girl'salternate self trying to get their AU selves from their own universes to fall in love with them. Drama ensues as they fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
- Ketrin is an ongoing story with many erotic elements about the eponymous Wild Child character and his friends' struggles against an evil entity. Updates are, by the author's own admission, insanely slow, partly due to the incessant encroachment of Plot Tumors.
- Kinda Super Gay is Exactly What It Says on the Tin, a gay superhero comedy.
- Kindness From Strangers by Leradny; a series of generally unrelated short stories with five common themes.
- The Kingdoms of Evil, in which an Ordinary High-School Student finds out he's the Big Bad of a Crapsack World. Hilarity and Belligerent Sexual Tension ensue.
- The King's Avatar, based on a fictional Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game called "Glory", whom the Experienced Protagonist Ye Xiu is a former professional player in Glory's competitive league. After being kicked out of his pro gamer team, he replays Glory from the very bottom with a brand new character.
- King's Game: When one boy's classroom starts getting texts from someone claiming to be "The King", They have to stay sharp and keep to the sender's rules lest they get a grisly punishment.
- Koan of the Day is a collection of short flash fiction that tells the story of a guru, his philosophy school, his philosophy, and his friends, including a tortoise, a sunflower, the Goddess, and lovebug.
- The Krockman
- The Last Angel follows the last Human Dreadnaught, Nemesis in her quest for vengeance against the alien empire that wiped out Human civilization.
- Last Mage is an Urban Fantasy story about Elijah Valentine's struggle to protect the Earth from forces Humans cannot comprehend.
- The Last Skull is a comic-book-inspired series featuring "teenaged superheroism, explosions and time-travel".
- The Late Crusader is a road trip comedy about a 12th century knight hitching a ride with an unfortunate Portuguese teenager to the Holy Land... in the modern day.
- Legends Now And Then A Web novel just starting, it's about a teenager accidentally summoning three heroes from the past and the troubles they have to deal with in the present.
- Legend Of The Five Knights is a fantasy web novel about five young adults chosen by their kingdom's king to save not just their nation, but the entire universe itself. Takes place in modern-like times but mixed with some medieval elements.
- Legion of Nothing is a web novel about the descendants of Golden Age superheroes who inherit their grandparents' powers and take on their costumed identities.
- Liv in the Future: A high-school graduate accidentally finds herself in the year 3000 and tries to prevent anyone from finding out she's from the past.
- Lovbird is a web novel about a young girl who unwittingly becomes a Legacy Character.
- Lovelace ½ is a serial about a boarding-school student who spontaneously develops Super Intelligence during her freshman year of high school.
- Lovers and Beloveds is a story following the young Prince Temmin as he leaves his childhood home for the courtly intrigues of the capital city. It started as the web serial An Intimate History Of The Greater Kingdom. The serial drew significant crowdfunding from the readership, and has been edited and published in paperback. It is MeiLin Miranda's first novel.
- Mage Life A story about the newly minted mage, Tristan, and his adventures after a cataclysmic event that devastated the fantasy world he lives in.
- Mabaka! Magic is for Idiots! follows the story of an amateur wizard who falls through a black hole-like transportation system, and winds up crashing into a girl's yard in the first dimension - Earth. Thing is, he's not strong enough to get back by himself, and that transport system only comes around once a year... Let's just say that he and the human girl end up living together for a while. Updates are freqeunt, but not following any kind of schedule. Found on FictionPress.
- The Magic Trials centers around a once-ordinary middle schooler who gets chosen to participate in a famous competition where magically-gifted kids and teens alike go head-to-head in battle.
- Many: The Blog of a Space Probe: follows the adventures of a sentient space exploratory probe.
- Magik Online follows a young man discovering the titular Magik Online, a website where one can purchase magical powers after fulfilling quests in real life. The protagonist decides to use his newfound abilities to take down the Magitek dictatorship having taken over Earth.
- Magical Girl Policy (MGP) follows Robert as he moves into Kesia City where he gets drafted by Fate into a squad of magical cheerleaders protecting the city from monsters.
- Magical Security Taskforce follows a group of high schoolers drafted into the titular peacekeeping organization. Written by Adam Pulver, also known for his anime/reality show spoofs and various Digimon fics, including the already-recced-on-this-site The Connection.
- The Man with the Terrible Eyes is a surreal horror series about a lowly office worker with inexplicably terrible eyes and how the background weirdness of his life slowly becomes more and more overwhelming.
- Many Words, extremely irregularly-updated (but getting better!), presently running an Alternate History 1920s globetrotting zeppelins-and-skypiratesNazi-punchingAdventurer Archaeologist pulp story, Nathaniel Cannon and the Lost City of Pitu. The archive has a finished naval-war-in-space short and the presently-abandoned start to a longer fantasy story.
- Mark Of The Fool follows a divinely chosen hero from a Five-Man Band who gets the worst power and refuses the call, deciding his life expectancy is much higher at the worlds premier magical university.
- The Maximus Universe is a superhero/fantasy Shared Universe, with solo novels following individual characters and an overarching plot that ties each story together, with the characters from some stories frequently guest-starring in others.
- Memory Of AUSOS is a tale of mechs, gods, and love, taking place in a late Industrial Age island kingdom with a handful of dark secrets.
- The Mech Touch is a sci-fi story about designing and building mechs while possessing RPG-Mechanics Verse powers.
- Metafictionized Phlebotinum Poisoning
- Metamor Keep is a shared universe fantasy setting with several serialized short stories and novels by a number of different authors.
- Metamor City takes place in the same universe, and features short stories (and so far one novel, "Making the Cut") in its podcast tales.
- Metro City Chronicles focuses on the adventures of the superheroes of Metro City.
- Million To One takes place after the presumed apocalypse of December 21st, 2012. A group of teen survivors are teleported back to a week before and forced to fight to the death by a sadistic entity called, God.
- Mind The Thorns is an urban fantasy novel driven by reader input. Updated every Monday, it is written from the point of view of a newly made vampire, and accountant.
- Mirrorfall - a geeky urban fantasy series whose Playful Hacker main character is more likely to sneak off and look at Tropes than do her Men in Black paperwork.
- Mistakenly Saving the Villain
- Mix Beer With Liquor And You Will Get Sicker - A character driven romance between a dysfunctional pair of men in a victorian esque setting.
- Mo Dao Zu Shi - Chinese Xianxia boys' love. A dead necromancer is summoned back and forcibly offered a new body in exchange for murdering the whole family of the body's original owner and is found by his former archenemy. They solve the mystery of a dismembered evil body together and fall in love along the way.
- Mother of Learning is a fantasy story of a mage-in-training caught up in a month-long "Groundhog Day" Loop.
- Mr. Hook's Big Black Box is the Rashomon-style story of five college friends who are all trying to open a mysterious box without the others finding out. The original announcement for the story described it as fantasy, but fantasy elements are taking a long time to materialize.
- Mysterious Ways: A Divine Comedy - an absurdist, comedic, and philosophical furry fantasy + science fiction story centering around the interactions of magic, modern culture, religion, and technology in the world of Alicrow.
- The Mystery Sphere - a strange but interesting story about a pirate accused of the theft of a nobleman's dragon.
- Mahou Shoujo The Glowing- a magical girl story written in prose, somewhat inspired by Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
- @NeverwhenGov - a story in the form of a Twitter account detailing the life in Neverwhen, Nova Scotia; The Town of Lost Things.
- Object Oblivion, an Object Show web fiction where 12 Objects compete for $10 Million Dollars.
- Of Fear and Faith, a book exploring the themes of fear, faith and the darkness of the human soul through the use of anthropomorphic animals.
- OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING, based on The Fear Mythos, is a four-act epic that blends prose with a stream-of-consciousness journal-style making it seem more like Twitter. It's an Alternate History tale of Rapture actually coming on October 21st, 2011.
- Okadu Realm is an interesting collection of stories about a collection of characters in the Okadu Realm, a fantasy serial novel on DeviantArt. Interesting from the fact that the high level of well-written description is perfectly fitting and some pieces are inspired by pictures from the site, whole chapters were practically written based on one image.
- Oktober updates weekly on Fridays; hasn't missed an update yet. Each chapter is told four different times, once from each character's perspective. It follows the adventures of a journalist, a rock star, a hunter, and an assassin as they drive across the US, and has a feel of an American-road-trip novel mixed with House of Leaves.
- Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint focuses on an RPG-style apocalypse that the main character recognizes as being exactly like the web novel he was a loyal reader of. He decides to take the story's ending into his own hands.
- The Once and Future Nerd is a radio play about four high school students sucked into a magical world.
- One Nation, Under Jupiter: An Alternate History about a world where Christianity faded out and people still worship the Roman gods in the present day.
- Only Villains Do That: A half-Japanese, half-American wannabe musician is isekai'd to a fantasy realm. Except it was by the goddess of evil and she wants him to be her new Dark Lord, much to his displeasure.
- On My Radar completely deconstructs the usual high school clichés. Sasha, a cold, quiet seventeen-year-old is known as the "love huntress". She makes boys fall in love with her to then break their heart while they try to do the same to her—and fail. One day like any other, she meets shy, unassuming Lucas Samuels. And it all falls downhill from there.
- On The Road To Elspar: A fantasy Interactive Fiction quest. Neianne enrolls one of Caldrein's mercenary academies, a training ground for elite mercenaries renowned all across the continent, to fight back against a neighboring invading superpower, only to grow and realize that the conflict isn't just about good-versus-evil and that her country is not as perfect as it once seemed.
- Ordinarily United: A parody of overpowered harem stories where a man good at almost everything teams up with a duplicating demon-like being also good at almost everything so they can save the world from ninety-nine invaders from the latter's home dimension.
- The Other Kind Of Roommate: When the wrong address starts a superpowered recluse running for his life again, the voice in his head drags him into a second nightmare: saving a chatty artist.
- Otoko no Ko wa Meido Fuku ga Osuki!?
- Outliers: The superheroes are corporate. The vigilantes are trying to do good, with emphasis on trying. The girl is in way, way over her head. Welcome to New Chicago. Updates Tuesdays and Fridays here.
- Outta Time
- Overwatch (Taulsn)
- Paladin Academy: A Dungeons & Dragons inspired story on the Giant In The Playground forums.
- Several books in the Paradox setting by M.C.A. Hogarth were serialized on the web. Most recently was Earthrise.
- Pact, an urban fantasy/horror story about a young man who inherits an infernal debt from his dead grandmother, is the second serial by Wildbow, author of Worm.
- Pale takes place in the same universe with a mostly separate cast of characters.
- Palus Somni
- Patchwork Champions, a Super Hero story, was a webcomic for two-and-a-half years and continues to this day as one of these.
- Pay Me, Bug!: The Caperin space, "...featuring cunning smugglers, star-spanning empires, cheerful amorality, evil cyborg slavers, and a hyperintelligent bug."
- Petow: A story on an alternate Earth where there are werebeasts.
- Phaeton is a web novel about child superheroes set in an alternate reality where just about anything can happen, it sounds like something you've scene on television already, but this can actually get interesting.
- Phantalleum is a web serial novel series being a spiritual successor of Chaos Fighters.
- The Philosophical Significance of Soda Bubbles is a web novel which begins as a coming of age story and before Deus ex Machina-ing into a science fiction satire on philosophy, revolving around a group of immortals confused by whether they are gods or scientific flukes, searching dysfunctionally for a messiah.
- Playing for Keeps was also a podcast novel/comic book before getting published.
- Play Places is a story about future Earth where everyone lives inside a digital world, the genetically-modified Kems follow their Chosen Onenote and are occasionally vivisected, and Central Ai-Eye provides addictive games to lull the people.
- Podiobooks is a treasure trove for this kind of novel.
- The Power of Darkness
- A Practical Guide To Evil is set in a world where the Theory of Narrative Causality (essentially, tropes) influence reality, and Creation itself is all part of a Cosmic Chess Game between the "Good" and "Evil" factions of Gods. The story follows orphan Catherine Foundling as she struggles to free her home kingdom from The Dread Empire's occupation... by becoming a Villain and putting down heroic rebellions.
- Project NRI is an illustrated novel uploaded by chapter on Tumblr. Exactly 10 print versions of the prologue and Chapters 1 and 2 also exist.
- Project Shelf Life
- Protect And Serve'' is a science-fiction mystery story with Noir influences. It follows a detective in a dystopian police force, investigating the murder of a major crime lord by rail-gun.
- Pyrrhic is an epic thriller/supernatural novel inspired by Battle Royale that follows a group of students as they're kidnapped by a terrorist organization that intends to use them for their own ends.
- Qiang Jin Jiu is a historical danmei novel about Xiao Chiye and Shen Zechuan, two enemies who eventually fall in love.
- Qian Qiu is about a Daoist priest named Shen Qiao and a demonic cultivator Yan Wushi who wants to see how far he can push Shen Qiao before the other succumbs to the evils that plaque humanity.
- Quoria is a fantasy/detective/LGBT+ web-serial detailing the often supernatural adventures of conman-turned-detective Colton McKinley as he tries to make an honest living in the bustling port city of Quoria.
- Ra is about magic as physics, starring a very capable young thaumic engineer named Laura Ferno.
- Raising Angels is story about a girl who meets a dragon in dream, who succinctly offers to make her an angel.
- Rasa is an epic fantasy set in a world where the soul manifests outside the body.
- Rats 252 Chances At Redemption
- Raya is a Magical Girl Warrior novel.
- The Reader And Protagonist Definitely Have To Be In True Love is a Chinese Boy's Love fantasy novel.
- Reaper is the story of Corvid and his Grim Reaper familiar.
- Reborn on a Systemless Earth...with a System is an fantasy-comedy isekai subversion that's exactly what it sounds like.
- Reconstruction Series is a Cattle Punk serial being published on Jukepop.
- The Record Of Unusual Creatures is a series about a ordinary landlord who suddenly got a bunch of supernatural tenants, a contract from god and their adventures.
- The Red and the Rest is a deconstruction of the Red Shirt Army and Action Tropes in general.
- Registry of Time is a series of sci-fi stories set in The Future, exploring the various cultures and technology the universe has to offer.
- The Reincarnated Vampire Just Wants To Enjoy Her New Life involves a man, waiting in the afterlife to head to his final destination, whatever that may be, until a scuffle between another soul and the after-life's security allows him to peek behind the curtain, find a completely unsecured terminal, and reincarnate himself into the female vampire Scarlet in another world, along with swiping admin rights. When the afterlife finds out, they are not pleased.
- Relativity is a series about a team of superheroes. They don't have super powers and rely mainly on detective work to solve crimes, but the focus of the series is their out-of-costume ("civilian") lives.
- Release That Witch is a series about a modern day mechanical engineer being transported into the body of a prince in a Medieval European Fantasy world, where he attempts to use the power of witches and magic to start a One-Man Industrial Revolution.
- Reverend Insanity : A xianxia by Gu Zhen Ren which follows an amoral protagonist in his quest for eternal life.
- Ren Zha Fan Pai Zi Jiu Xi Tong
- Revolving Door is a multiverse science fiction series about a duchess who holds reality together and eight superpowered individuals in eight other universes whom she goes searching for.
- Right Hand of God is a series in which Jacob Davidson, a seventeen-year-old ghostbuster from the fictional town of Normal, Ohio, protects his city from a slew of supernatural creatures while his older brother Daniel tries to win the special mayoral election.
- Rock City Chronicles is a Furry Fandom superhero series.
- RoTeO is a series about an angel and a demon/devil who fight crime while doing the Masquerade.
- RoundTableTexts is an epistolary web fiction series in which the stories of King Arthur and his knights are told entirely through a series of text messages.
- Rumor's Block is a series about an ex-super hero in charge of a support group for young heroes thinking about quitting.
- Rune Breaker is the ongoing tale of an ex-slave unwillingly given control of an ancient, evil wizard.
- Running with Rats is a Diesel Punk fantasy about an escaped slave named Alix Black-Eyes and the Rat Runners, a group of rebels she joins.
- Sacreya's Legacy is a completed web serial about a zombie private detective whose case forces him to return to the doomed city he came from.
- Sadira is a completed web serial, published in the late 1990's.
- The Saga of Tuck has been running since 1997, and currently comprises 142 chapters and a bit more than a year of in-story time, not to mention an Alternate Universe side story.
- Saga of Soul tells the story of Eriko, an intellectualMagical Girl who tries to protect Earth from various threats waging a war over multiple universes. It is a Reconstruction of the Magical Girl genre, and the rules of magic are consistent and well understood.
- Sailor Nothing is a very dark take on the Magical Girl genre that predates Madoka by at least a good decade.
- The Saintess And The Villainess is a Media Transmigration Fantasy/Romance novel following a woman who becomes the heroine of a novel she had been reading and sets out to save the life of the villainess.
- The Saints The plot follows The Saints, a coven that uses their supernatural abilities to commit crimes.
- The Salamanders A slice-of-life, LitRPG fantasy web serial.
- Sapphire in short terms: EspionageFantasy.
- Sanctioned follows several young women, after they have been rejected from superhero training, as they adjust to their new powers, and try to find out what they want to do with their lives.
- Savage Divinity follows Falling Rain, a modern man that finds himself reincarnated in the body of a young slave. He quickly has to learn to survive in an unforgiving world filled with myths and legends.
- Schrodingers Cat is a web serial that updates daily about teenagers who are trying to save the world and stop the Heisman Technological Initiative before supernatural aliens kill them, or Dr. Heisman finds out they are still alive. 
- The Seichi Chronicles is a fantasy series about a different world in which terrible monsters try to kill all of humanity, and Hunters (special humans with awesome powers) search for and try to stop them.
- Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles
- Sekhmet is the first story in the Legends of Panthera series. It follows the adventures of Kalima, a kanji princess as she is chosen to be Bastet's champion and her friends.
- Shades Of The Moon
- Shadow of the Templar
- Shadows of the Limelight by Alexander Wales.
- Sha Po Lang (Novel)
- She Is The One, the story of Jack Harrison and his One True Love, Kayla Hannigan, and their trials and tribulations through high school and college.
- Sherwood Forest
- The Sick Land: an Apocalyptic Log written by a researcher stationed on the outskirts of an Eldritch Location.
- Silicon Wolfpack is an Urban Fantasy story about a werewolf, a Nice Guy, and a Grey Hat Hacker being chased by Mooks and a Hunter of Monsters. Can be found here.
- Sins Of The Fathers is a superhero serial focusing on the legacies of famous heroes and villains.
- Six Chances features six individuals from six different warring countries who suddenly becoming psychically connected with one another. Needless to say, things hit the fan when one of the six is nearly assassinated by someone sent from a neighboring country. It can be read here.
- Skies Unbroken in a SteampunkWorld in the Sky, the crew of Serenity-esque airship The Wink and Smile is on constant lookout for jobs since the war ended, taking the old political order with it.
- Skye Emery: Bluebird is a superhero story set in Toronto starring a superpowered young woman who sets out to expose a conspiracy that's targeted her with the help of two friends she encounters in The Six.
- Skyway Mechanix A web serial about an ex-mob hit-girl and her robot partner making a living as heroes-for-hire in Minnesota. Running since 2009.
- The Slave Breakers is a long-running series of erotica novels and stories about a dysfunctional family that trains and sells slaves in a world where slavery is an acceptable means to control poverty. Despite the premise, it's very fluffy for its genre. Can be found here.
- Small Problem is a blog written by a woman six-and-a-half inches tall.
- Small Worlds: His entire life, Ryan was followed by a man in a suit - until one day, that man left him. Now he has a nanoverse, divine friends, and needs to find a nice way to end the world.
- Soft Touch is a web novel about a young man who finds himself falling for his reformed high school nemesis while dealing with a ghost, among other small town problems.
- So I'm a Spider, So What? began as a web novel by Baba Okina before being adapted into a Light Novel, manga, and anime.
- Solo Leveling is a web novel about a man who, amongst superhumans, is the only one who can continuously learn new abilities and get stronger.
- The Solstice War is a web serial about an alternate fantasy world having its own World War II, with equipment and tactics paralleled. Viewed primarily through the eyes of a Hindu-African mélange Soviet Union. Makes for a challenging read, but very worthwhile and pretty unique. You can find it here.
- "Sorcerer Girl The Grey Fairy" a magical girl urban fantasy.
- Space Pirate Captain MacTaggart is a humorous space opera tale.
- SPARK Of Tyranny is a Space Opera featuring an Anti-Hero Captain and his Ragtag Bunch of Misfits struggling against the
All the time I only dream about it. - Well. If so, then, if you want, lie down with me. You are now an adult, - after some thought, the grandmother summed up the unusual day. _______ On Saturday morning Sergei was woken up by his mother.My New Favorite System Webnovel Of 2021 - Web novel Recommendation
I did not consider it necessary to hide any details and only followed her reaction. Irishka reacted very emotionally, but there was nothing wrong with her remarks. She was especially interested in the size of my friends' members. She said that she would like to have a look at them, but does not know how to do it.
- Hip hop 2009 albums
- Eldritch warrior
- Garmin shopping
- Post office 85308
- Santa monica lash lift
- Jungle temple seed mcpe
- Performance exhaust for jeep wrangler
- Rental homes prescott az
- Gold league tennis orlando
Have to invest my own. You are the only one from the entire entrance who did not contribute your share. I immediately took these fifty rubles to her filthy apartment, handed it through the door - and she suddenly lisp at me again: - Ah, Alexey Ivanovich, thank.