Santa Cruz Fire Relief Response
PRAY WITH US
- For the wind to stop and the fires to be extinguished.
- For the protection and provision of the families who are under threat of this danger.
- For the safety and effectiveness of the firefighters and first responders.
- For the local church community and ministries to have strength and peace during this time.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO DROPPED OFF DONATIONS!
Here are some highlights to celebrate!
- Over $11,000 in gift cards to Target, Safeway, and Walmart. This is the best gift to give because it gives the power and dignity of the decision to a family/ individual that had that power taken away from them
- 450 various camping supplies (tents, air mattresses, blankets and sheets, and lots of pillows)
- 528 various items for children (toys, coloring books, stuffed animals)
- 182 personal items (flashlights/ headlamps/ hygiene items)
- 125 cases of water
- 163 various food items
Currently we are not receiving donations. The community has been flooded with immediate supplies. If the needs should change, we will communicate and give you a fresh list of needed supplies.
Questions? Email [email protected]
Serve Your City Winter Edition
SERVE OUR COMMUNITY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
Throughout November and December, join us to offer meals, support people in need, and help make wishes come true! There will be opportunities for all ages, skill levels, and interests. We can’t wait to build a strong community by serving together.
Registration opens on November 1
What is Serve Your City?
A few times a year, we get together as a church community to serve our local communities in service projects stretching from San Francisco to the South Bay. There are opportunities for all ages, skill levels, and interests.
What happens when you participate in Serve Your City?
You will see God bring hope, strength, and joy to those you help in the community, and you will be filled with joy as see your effort makes a tangible difference to those in need. When we serve others, we find purpose and joy that can't be found anywhere else. When we serve together, we build authentic community and grow in our own relationship with Jesus. When we serve the community, it brings hope. Faith is visible and within reach; the people we serve come closer to God and lives are transformed.
Who can participate?
Everybody’s welcome to take part! We encourage you to invite your friends and neighbors to serve with you. This is a perfect opportunity to invite someone who's never visited Menlo Church, or church at all.
For additional serving opportunities, check out our Serving page or our Racial Reconciliation Serving Opportunities resource.
You can still drop-off a backpack on July 25, at our San Mateo campus.
Join us in the fight to help prevent the educational gap! We're collecting backpacks and providing essential new school supplies for children in need.
We’re asking you to donate a backpack (or two!) filled with the necessary supplies to help children excel!
Here's how you can make a difference:
1. Choose a supply list for your region below.
- North Peninsula: South City and San Mateo campuses are serving Los Cerritos Elementary students. Drop-off: 8:30am-12:30pm at your campus
- Online: If you attend Menlo Church Online and live locally, there will be contactless drop off for your donation at the campus nearest you. For those of you joining us from outside the Bay Area, we encourage you to reach out to a local school and ask for a list of needed supplies you can donate.
2. Fill your backpack with supplies, pray for the child who will receive it, and a write a personal note. We've created a downloadable card for your convenience.
Thank you for being a special part of a child's school year! Please keep praying for all the students, teachers, and parents throughout the school year.
Menlo Kids Onsite
Come join us in person at any of our six campuses for fun interactive and engaging programming that focuses on relationships with friends, teachers, and Jesus!Learn More
Menlo Kids Online
Menlo Kids knows that life circumstances require flexibility. Menlo Kids Online is the place to come for quality content, live interactions with leaders and friends, and the ability to learn about Jesus, and his love for us, no matter where you are!!Register
Menlo Kids On Demand
Can't join us for onsite or online programming? You can access your own Menlo Kids experience at home ON DEMAND to meet your family's schedule.Watch Now
New to Menlo Kids?
We are excited for you and your kids to join us at Menlo Kids. Please fill out our Connect Card to get started receiving the latest information about our programs.Get Connected
Serve with Menlo Kids
Want to serve with Menlo Kids? Fill out the attached form and one of our amazing Menlo Kids Directors will reach out to you and talk about next steps! We can’t wait to have you join our team!Volunteer
Church give menlo
What is membership?
Members are those who commit to making Menlo their faith community for learning, worship, service, and generosity. Membership is when church goes from being “them” to being “us.” As a member of Menlo Church, we ask you to commit to: being a disciple of Jesus, attending weekend services, joining a life group, serving faithfully and giving generously.
How do I become a member?
To make Menlo Church your home church through membership, simply participate in Starting Point sessions, and read through the Membership Guide which includes details about what we believe, membership requirements & benefits, and some frequently asked questions about our church.
What's Menlo's annual budget?
Our annual budget for fiscal year 2020 is $20.4 million and is developed by our staff, carefully vetted by senior staff leadership, and approved by session. Each year’s budget always includes a minimum of 10% of funding dedicated to outreach initiatives.Learn More
How is Menlo structured?
Our staff are overseen by our Leadership Team (LT), who represent five broad areas: Campuses, Discipleship, Worship and Communications, Finance and Ops, and People. The LT reports to our senior pastor who in turn is accountable to our Session, the church’s governing board. Session is comprised of men and women (a.k.a. elders) who are elected by the congregation to provide spiritual and operational oversight of all our ministries and mission.Learn More
We're here to help! You can use the search function at the top of the page (if you're more the introverted type), or contact us. We're super friendly.
Have Policy and Procedure Questions?
Street Life Ministries
Street Life Ministries exists to share God’s love by providing life-giving resources and Christ-centered gatherings to people living on the streets of the Peninsula. The program is hosted in Redwood City on Monday and Wednesday and at the Menlo Park train station on Tuesday and Thursday. Fellowship, and prayer are followed by hot food each night. Here are a few specific ways you or your Life Group can get involved:
Saturday Night Homeless Ministry
Menlo Park Campus / Fellowship Hall
950 Santa Cruz Avenue, Menlo Park
Saturday Night Homeless Ministry meets the first Saturday of every month at the Menlo Park Campus in Fellowship Hall from 4:30pm-8:30pm. We host guests who are facing homelessness in partnership with Street Life Ministries. Our guests receive a hot dinner, attend the Saturday night worship service (live-streamed into Fellowship Hall), and play bingo. In addition, our guests have access to hair cutting stations and clothing distribution. We are looking for volunteers to help with food preparation, clean up, and hosting our guests. We are also in need of drivers who would be willing to assist in transporting our guests. Volunteers should wear modest clothing - NO tight fitting clothes, workout plants, tank tops or low cut shirts of any kind. Photography not permitted. Appropriate for ages 12 and up (with parent) - please explain to the younger volunteers what they will be experiencing.
Monday/Wednesday Volunteers:1300 Middlefield Road, Redwood City
Tuesday/Thursday Volunteers: 1120 Merrill Street, Menlo Park
We are looking for volunteers willing to cook and/or serving meals for a street church that meets in Menlo Park and Redwood City. We will provide salad, bread, and dessert while the volunteers are asked to provide the main and side dishes. Approximately 80 servings of food are needed. If volunteers are unable to travel to the church location, they can either cook food that will be picked up by a van. Otherwise individuals/groups can cook meals to then bring to site to serve/eat with the community. Would be a great serving opportunity for Life Groups that might have busy schedules and are not able to travel to a site. Volunteers should wear modest clothing - NO tight fitting clothes, workout plants, tank tops or low cut shirts of any kind. Photography not permitted. Appropriate for ages 12 and up (with parent) - please explain to the younger volunteers what they will be experiencing.
Sign Up or Learn MoreAsk a Question
You will also like:
- Wooden hammock swings
- Gmc acadia back windshield wiper
- Mini cooper headlight cover replacement
- Rv sales sanger, texas
- 2003 gx470 for sale
- Vintage diner logos
- Rj 45 modem
- I understand that my three-month Tithe Challenge (Challenge) start date will start after this form is received by Menlo Church’s accounting team. Therefore, my Challenge start date must be today or a future date by August 31, 2019.
- I understand my household qualifies for participation in the Challenge because we have not been tithing for the past six months.
- I understand I cannot request a return of my offerings until the end date of my three-month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand I cannot request a return of my offerings for any contributions made before or after the effective dates of my three-month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand I must request a return of my offerings to Menlo Church’s accounting team within 30 days of the end of my Challenge period using the online form or in writing.
- I understand that any offerings not made online during the Challenge toward my tithe must be paid by check or in a completed offering envelope for tracking purposes.
- I understand that I must log in to my online account prior to paying my tithe online so that my tithe can be credited for tracking.
- I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the three-month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period I will give to God, through Menlo Church general offering, an offering of 10% of my income. At the end of the three months, if I am not convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to his Word, then I will be able to request a return of the full amount of my offerings given to Menlo Church during the three-month period of my Tithe Challenge.
“Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing.”